Sausage Apple Dressing
- Fry sausage and break into small pieces. Drain.
- In separate bowl, toss together cornbread, sausage, apple, and sage. Place in a 9" X 13" casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In saucepan, mix 2 cups chicken stock, onion and celery and bring to boil.
- Pour stock mixture over top of bread mixture. If too dry, add 3rd cup of stock. Mixture should be soft but able to hold shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
10 - 12
1 lb. Swaggerty’s Farm® Sausage
1 c. apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. onion, chopped
4 c. cornbread, crumbled
2 tbsp sage
2-3 c. chicken or turkey stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Level of complexity:
Number of ingredients:
Pairs well with:
Turkey, mashed potatoes
Special Kitchen Tools: