Swaggerty Sausage Inc. Co. is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivables Clerk to work in Kodak, TN.
Schedule - Monday-Friday
Employment type: full-time
Excellent opportunity for a talented, self-driven experienced Accounts Receivables (AR) Clerk to join a leading pork sausage manufacturer that provides, quite possibly, the best tasting sausage in America. To be considered, Candidates must have 3-5 years of related experience within a lean manufacturing food production environment. SAP Skills a plus.
The purpose of the AR Clerk position is to plan, organize, administration, communications, and building and maintaining an open and trusting relationship with brokers, customers, and the Company to promote optimal business performance.
- Review all deductions for appropriate documentation and request final approval on any new or unknown deductions prior to directly applying amounts to customer's invoices.
- Review all incoming payments for appropriate documentation and match against customer's invoices prior to applying amounts within SAP.
- Assist with all customer/broker inquiries and provide feedback under the direct guidance of the Customer Service Manager.
- Maintain all AR reports, Deduction spreadsheets and corporate AR files. Report weekly updates to both the Customer Service Manager and Director of Business Operations on any outstanding AR related issues.
- Prepares/scan all incoming payments and deductions for proper storage/filing, to include organize and associate customers' invoices for proper application within SAP.
- Prepare analysis of AR for a weekly review by the Director of Business Operations.
- Assist corporate officers and administrative personnel and answer incoming calls, as needed.
- 2-4 years' experience in an accounting or administrative environment.
- Must possess maturity, strong business ethics, professionalism, leadership skills, communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Management Skills: Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform jobs effectively & be responsible for making decisions.
- Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and spoken word.
- Motivation: Ability to inspire oneself & others to reach goals and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills: Ability to analyze and find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, brokers, and co-workers.
- Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize available time to organize & complete work within given deadlines
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Persistence - Ability to complete a task or course of action despite opposition or discouragement.
- Computer Skills - Literate in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or equivalent. SAP/Accounting Software a plus.
- Previous Associate degree in an Accounting or Business related field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Food & Beverage, Food Production, Consumer Goods
Swaggerty Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.